8 ways to prevent metastatic breast cancer
Over 154,000 women in the US develop metastatic breast cancer mostly due to nondetection or recurrence of cancer. The most important factor in the prevention of metastatic breast cancer is timely detection and leading a healthy lifestyle.
It is also advised to take preventive measures, as advanced metastatic breast cancer treatments are expensive and have low success rates. There are no foolproof metastatic breast cancer treatments till date. Strong medications, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy are some of the basic methods of advanced metastatic breast cancer treatment.
A few preventive actions to lower the chances of breast cancer include the following:
- Enquire and know the family history of both parents for the occurrence of breast cancer. Regular mammograms after the age of 40 in cases of strong family history are recommended.
- If there is a strong family history of breast cancer, it is essential that to lower the intake of alcohol and restrict smoking as well.
- It is necessary to maintain a healthy weight as it is the primary factor to maintain immunity of the body to help fight diseases of all kinds. Being physically active through regular exercise has proven to lower the risks of breast cancer in women.
- Maintain a healthy diet consisting of various fruits and vegetables. This provides the body with cancer-fighting nutrients.
- Continue breastfeeding as doctors suggest that it lowers the risk of breast cancer.
- Doctors also recommend women over 35 years to avoid birth control pills as the hormones can increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Long-term intake of post menopausal hormones is also considered as a factor leading to an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Certain drugs such as Tamoxifen and Raloxifene are considered favorable for women having a high risk of breast cancer. However, it is essential that to consult a doctor before consuming any such drugs.
With time, breast cancer treatment has become more common as alert women have started taking better care of their health and understanding the importance of mammograms and early detection to prevent advanced stages of metastatic breast cancer.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate