6 common types of hearing aids available in the market
Purchasing a hearing aid might be a tricky task for many. With the availability of a variety of hearing machines, it becomes even more challenging to figure out what to buy. One should always go for a hearing test to an audiologist or an ENT doctor and then decide what to choose out of the various hearing aids available.
The different types of hearing aids available in the market are as follows.
- Invisible-In-The-Canal: This hearing machine is best suited for people who face mild to moderate hearing loss problem. This hearing aid is completely invisible to most ears. It is designed in such a way that no one can notice you wearing it because of its small size. It is made using SoundLens synergy technology.
- Completely-In-Canal: This hearing aid remains partly inside the ear canal and partly outside. Virtually, it remains invisible; only the tiny removal handle attached to the machine remains a bit on the outer side of the canal to facilitate the removal of the aid from the ear. It is ideal for people facing mild to moderate hearing loss problem.
- In-The-Canal: These machines are custom made and are made using your ear canal’s impression. It is one of the top 25 hearing aids that are available in the market. It is slightly larger than completely-in- canal aids. Since these are medium sized, they feature push control buttons. Also, they are light in weight.
- In-The-Ear: It is similar to the in-the-canal hearing machine. In-The-Ear is a custom-made hearing aid that is developed according to an individual’s ear anatomy. These aids range from Micro-CIC machines, which comfortably fit in the ear canal, to the full-shell hearing machines that completely fits inside the ear bowl.
- Receiver-In-Canal: This instrument is worn behind the ear and possesses tiny housings, as the receiver of these aids sits directly in the ear. It gives a clearer hearing experience along with wireless connectivity feature.
- Behind-The-Ear: Whether you have a mild hearing loss or a profound one, these aids are perfect for you. They are available in various sizes, and some models also have multiple directional microphone system for enhanced speech understanding feature.
So do a bit of research and consult your audiologist before you decide to buy a hearing aid. You will surely find one that suits you perfectly.
- Cell Phones
- Cloud Computing
- Consumer Electronics
- Food and Drink
- food and drinks
- Home and Garden
- HR Software
- Medical Software
- Real Estate